Statement of Faith
The following is a brief statement of those doctrines we hold to be essential and fundamental, being part of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Directors and all field workers of this organization subscribe to these without reservation and will propagate these truths in all ministries related to the work of this organization.
l. The Holy Scriptures - We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writing, infallible and God-breathed. (Il Tim. 3:16-17; Il Peter 1:20-21; Matthew 5:18; John 16:12-13)
2. The Godhead - We believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit - co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections. (Deut. 6:4; Il Cor. 13:14)
3. The Person and Work of Christ -
a. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man. (John 1:1-2, 14; Luke 1:35)
b. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead. (Rom. 3:24-25; I Peter 2:24; Eph. 1:7, I Peter 1:3,5
c. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor and Representative. (Act. 1:9-10; Heb. 7:25 & 9:24; Romans 8:34; 1 John 2:1-2)
4. The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit -
a. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and that He is the supernatural agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of salvation. (John 16:8-11; Il Cor. 3:6; I Cor. 12:12-14; Rom. 8:9; Eph. 1:13-14)
b. We believe that He is the Divine Teacher who guides believers into al truth, and, that it is the privilege and duty of all saved to be filled with the Spirit. (John 16:31; I John 2:20, 27; Eph. 5:18).
5. The Total Depravity of Man - We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam's sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God; and that man is totally depraved, and of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition. (Gen. 1:26-27; Rom. 3:22-23, 5:12; Eph. 2:1-3, 12)
6. Salvation - We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins. (Eph. 2:8-10; John. 1:12; Eph., 1:7, I Peter 1:18-19
7. The Eternal Security and Assurance of Believers –
a. We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God's power and are thus secure in Christ forever. (John 6:3740, 10: 27-30; Rom. 8:1, 38-39; 1 Cor. 1:4-8; 1 Peter
b. We believe that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the testimony of God's Word; which however, clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion to the flesh. (Rom. 13:1314; Gal. 5:13; Titus 2:11-15)
8. The new Natures of the Believer - We believe that every saved person possesses two natures, with provision made for victory of the new nature over the old nature, through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit; and that all claims to the eradication of the old nature in this life are unscriptural. (Rom. 6:13, 8:12; Gal. 5:16-25; Eph. 4:22-24; col. 3:10; 1 Peter 1:14-16; 1 John 3:5-9).
9. Separation - We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior; and that separation from all religious apostasy, all worldly and sinful pleasures, practices, and associations is commanded by God. (Il Tim. 3:1-5; Rom. 12:1-2, 14:13; 1 John 2:15-17; 11 John 9-11; 11 Cor.6:14-7:1
10. Missions - We believe that is the obligation of the saved to witness by life and by word to the truths of the Holy Scripture and to seek to proclaim the Gospel to all mankind. (Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8, 11 Cor. 5:19-20).
11. The Ministry and Spiritual Gifts -
a. We believe that God is sovereign in the bestowment of all His gifts; and, that teachers are sufficient for the perfecting of the saints today; and that speaking in tongues and the working of sign miracles gradually ceased as the New Testament Scriptures were completed and their authority became established. (I Cor. 12:4-11; Il Cor. 12:12; Eph. 4:7-12).
b. We believe that God does hear and answer the prayer of faith, in accord with His own will, for the sick and afflicted. (John 15:7; 1 John 5:14-15).
12. The Church -
a. We believe that the church, which is the body and the espoused bride of Christ, is a spiritual organism made up of all born-again persons of this present age. (Eph. 1:22-23, 5:25-27; I Cor. 12:4-11, 11 Cor. 11:2).
b. We believe that the establishment and continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures. (Acts. 14:27, 20:17, 28-32; 1 Tim 3:1-13, Titus 1:5-11)
13. Dispensationalism - We believe in the dispensational view of Bible interpretation but reject the extreme teaching known as Hyper-Dispensationalism, such as that teaching which opposes either the Lord's supper or water baptism as Scriptural means of testimony for the church in this age. (Matt 28:19-20; Acts 2:4142, 18:8; 1 Cor. 11:23
14. The Personality of Satan - We believe that Satan is a person, the author of sin and the cause of the Fall; that he is the open and declared enemy of God and man; and that he shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire (Job 1:6-7; Isa. 14:12-17; Matt. 4:211; Rev. 20:10).
15. The Second Advent of Christ - We believe in that "Blessed Hope", the personal, eminent, pre-tribulation and pre-millennial coming of the Lord Jesus Christ for His redeemed ones; and in His subsequent return to earth, with His saints, to establish HIS millennial kingdom. (I Thess. 1:10, 4:13-18, 5:9; Zech. 14:4-11; Rev. 2:1-6, 19:11-16; Rev. 3:10.)
16. The Eternal State -
a. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment. (Matt 25:46; John 5:28-29, 11:25-26; Rev. 20:5-6; Rev. 20:12-13)
b. We believe that the souls of the redeemed are, at death, absent from the body and present with the Lord, where in conscious bliss they await the first resurrection when spirit, soul and body are re-united to be glorified forever with the Lord. (Luke 23:43; Rev. 20:4-6; 11 Cor. 5:8•, Phil 1:23, 3:21; 1 Thess. 4:16-17)
c. We believe that the souls of unbelievers remain after death, in conscious misery until the second resurrection, when with soul and body united they shall appear at the Great White Throne Judgment, and shall be cast into the Lake of Fire, not to be annihilated, but to suffer everlasting conscious punishment. (Luke 16:19-26; Matt. 25:41-46; II Thess. I;7, 9; Jude 6-7, Mark 9:43-48; Rev. 20:11-15.)